Summer Camp Job Posting
Breakers Breakthrough Basketball Summer Camp 2020
The South Muskoka Breakers Basketball Club (Breakers) is a not–for-profit Corporation that provides recreational and rep basketball programs to South Muskoka (Bracebridge, Gravenhurst and the Township of Muskoka Lakes). Our programs provide opportunities for youth to learn basketball skills and citizenship while emphasizing fair play and respect.
Position Title: Coach
Date: August 17 -21, 2020
Time: 8:30 – 4:30 p.m.
Position Overview: The successful candidate will work under the supervision of the Technical Director and deliver 40 hours of basketball instruction according to the Basketball Canada Long Term Athletic Development Model.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Delivering basketball instruction to youth ages 8 – 11 years of age
- Develop and deliver appropriate curriculum according to the Breakers practice plan model
- Incorporating a variety of teaching / learning strategies to meet participants needs
- Evaluating player progress / achievement
- Participate in the Breakers Basketball coach’s mentorship program
- Creating and maintaining an engaging, positive and fun learning environment
- Completion of High Five certification – mandatory
- Completion of NCCP Learn to Train Course – preferred
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in coaching basketball – preferred
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to work in a team environment and to foster the same in students
Remuneration: To be negotiated based on experience and qualifications.
Successful candidates will be required to submit a Vulnerable Sector Check.
Posting Date: February 24, 2020
Closing Date: April 3, 2020
To apply for this position, please submit cover letter and resume to: Technical Director, South Muskoka Breakers Basketball at email@example.com