Return to Basketball COVID-19 Protocols
We have been working hard behind the scenes to ensure a safe return to basketball in the Fall. Thank you to those that responded to our online survey, it helped us shape our programs with your child’s safety and health as top priority.
The following are some of the changes that will be implemented, at the guidance of the local Health Department and the OBA. Please note COVID-19 is a fluid situation and as changes are made from the Ontario Government, we too may need to adapt our approach:
– Delayed start. Our programs will not be starting until October to ensure that children are settled into their new school routines and safety protocols within their day-to-day activities. For Rep basketball, please note that the season will also be delayed with tryouts happening in late October / early November, and games withheld until January 2021.
– Please come ready to play as changerooms will not be accessible. Your indoor shoes, basketball and labeled water bottle are to be carried in. Please do not arrive early as you will need to wait outside until it’s time to enter.
– Anyone entering our programs will be screened for symptoms of COVID-19 at the entrance, and asked to sanitize their hands and ball before and after the program.
– Masks are to be worn into the facility by anyone entering, but for players they can remove their mask once ready to play.
– A 2-meter distance between players, coaches and volunteers must be kept at all times during the program.
– Spectators may stay, however we ask that you limit the amount of people per household as we must adhere to the limit of 50 people within the facility at all times.
– 15 Minute gap between programs to sanitize. We ask that when your program is complete that you promptly leave the facility to give time for coaches and volunteers to sanitize for the next group.
As we roll out these new protocols, please note that we will require volunteers for each program to help our coaches ensure the safety measures are in place.
Thank you again for your continued commitment to basketball. Stay tuned as we announce the details of upcoming programs and registration.
We look forward to seeing you on the court again soon.